Tel: +30-231-0998145 - Fax: +30-231-0998362
- B.Sc. degree in Physics at the University of Thessaloniki GR (1982)
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science at the University of Thessaloniki (1988), "Development of a Logic Programming Machine"
- Lecturer, Assis. prof., Assoc. prof. in the School of Informatics at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1990-2003)
- Visiting professor at Purdue University, Indiana, USA
- Director of the Joint Postgraduate Course in «Informatics and Management», (2005-2013)
of the Departments of Informatics and Economics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Member of the steering committee of the Dept. of Bioinformatics, Univ. of Thessaly (2006-2011).
- Member of the National Council of Research and Technology (ESET), 2008-2011.
- Member of the National Council for Electronic Commerce, 2006-2008.
- Chair of the Board of the Hellenic Artificial Intelligence Society (EETN), 2011-2012.
- Member of the steering committee of the International Hellenic University of Greece and Dean of the School of Science and Technology , (2007-2016)
- Professor in the School of Informatics at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2003 - today)
- Director of SOFTWISE Lab, (School of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Head of the Intelligent Systems Group (School of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Chair of the School of Informatics at the Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki (2003-2005 & 2013-today)
Courses - Research interests - Projects
- Chairman of the 2nd Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2002
- Co-Chair of the 2nd International Summer School on AI Planning, 2002
- Guest Editor of the Special issue on Knowledge Discovery from Distributed Information Sources, Journal of Information Sciences, 2003
- Member of the editorial board of the International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools (IJAIT)
- Program Chair, 2nd ADBIS Workshop on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, ADMKD'2006
- Workshop co-chair, European Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2008 (ECAI'08)
- Chairman of the 1st Hellenic Artificial Intelligence Summer school (HAISS09 ),August 2009
- Workshop co-chair of the 19th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling, ICAPS 2009
- General Co-chair, 5th IFIP International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations (AIAI’2009)
- Organizing chair, International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN 2010)
- Guest Editor, special issue on "Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Pervasive Computing", International Journal on AI Tools (IJAIT), World Scientific, 2010
- General Chair of 24th IEEE International Conference on Tools with AΙ, November 2012
- General co-Chair of 17th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics , PCI 2013
- General co-Chair of 9th Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence, SETN 2016
- "The Programming Language Pascal", 1st edition, 1991 (in Greek)
- "Parallel Object-Oriented and Active Knowledge Base Systems", Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998
- "Parallel and Constraint Logic Programming", Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998
- "Intelligent Techniques for Planning", IDEA Group Publishing, 20
- "Artificial Intelligence for Advanced Problem Solving Techniques ", IDEA-Group Publishing, 2008.
- "Artificial Intelligence", 3rd edition, 2011 (in Greek)