Tel: +30 2310 998402
My name is Alexandros Vassiliades, I was born in Thessaloniki Greece on the 1st of August 1992, but I have two nationalities Greek and Romanian. I have finished the School of Mathematics in the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki during 2013-2017, with grade that excideed the top 10% of my class. Next, I attended the Master program of the same School with Title: “Theoretical Computer Science and Control Theory” during 201-2019 and got a grade of 8.99/10. On parallel, I was working as a private tutor for High-School and Bachelor students and had a 3 months intership at BETA CAE. Currently, I am doing my PhD with Professor Nikos Bassiliades, and I am working on Knowledge Representation and Knowledge Extraction from the Semantic Web for Robotic Platforms, as well as on Argumentation.
Publications and Citations
- F. Gouidis, A. Vassiliades, T. Patkos, A. Argyros, N. Bassiliades, D. Plexousakis. A Review on Intelligent Object Perception Methods Combining Knowledge-based Reasoning and Machine Learning. presented at AAAI Spring Symposium, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA, March 23-25, 2020
- Alexandros Vassiliades, Nick Bassiliades, Filippos Gouidis, and Theodore Patkos A Knowledge Retrieval Framework for Household Objects and Actions with External Knowledge, at Semantics, Amsterdam, 7-10 September 2020.
- Alexandros Vassiliades, Theodore Patkos, Antonis Bikakis, Giorgos Flouris, Nick Bassiliades and Dimitris Plexousakis, Preliminary Notions of Arguments from Commonsense Knowledge, at SETN2020: 11th Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SETN 2020).
- Alexandros Vassiliades, Nick Bassiliades, and Theodore Patkos, Argumentation and Explainable Artificial Intelligence-A survey, 2021, The Knowledge Engineer Review, Cambridge University Press.
- Alexandros Vassiliades, Filippos Gouidis, Theodore Patkos, Nick Bassiliades and Dimitris Plexousakis, Causal Knowledge Extraction from Online Repositories, European Semantic Web Conference, Heraklion, Greece, June 6-10, 2021.